The Ministry of Occultism is a department branch of Her Majesty's Government that deals with paranormal activities. It is an organisation that is heavily featured in game developer Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw's other videogame series, the Chzo Mythos.
Before The Consuming Shadow Edit
The Ministry was initiating an English government project called the Special Talent Project, which aimed to hire a league of specially talented individuals. Some time between 1994 and 1997, the Ministry hired a man who went by the alias of Trilby, an ex-cat burglar. He was hired as a paranormal investigator.
Trilby's job was to investigate the whereabouts of the idol of John DeFoe, a possessed wooden doll.
The Ministry was quick to fall when the Shadows invaded.
The Ministry will send the player text messages, and depending on the character currently being played, the text messages are different. If the player is playing as the Scholar, then sometimes Trilby will send messages with some tip offs, advice or to make transactions of any small sums of money he can find.
Known members Edit
- Andrew Jarvis: An agent featured in the Chzo Mythos game 5 Days a Stranger. Deceased.
- "C": Supposedly a senior member in the Ministry, evidenced by the text passage "[F, C and Trilby] are the last resort, the highest authority on occult troubleshooting in the nation" from page 17 in the diary. Only known from diary pages. Deceased.
- "E": E is only known from a text message that Trilby receives should the player get ending A while playing as him, telling Trilby to run since the Ministry are after him after what Trilby did to C. These events are detailed in the diary.
- "F": F was one of the earliest known individuals to know of the approaching apocalypse, as he read predictions made in stone tablets that detailed the end of the world. Supposedly a senior member in the Ministry, evidenced by the text passage "[F, C and Trilby] are the last resort, the highest authority on occult troubleshooting in the nation" from page 17 in the diary. Only known from diary pages. Deceased.
- Keegan: One of the only few surviving Ministry agents, last known to be hiding in a small village. Only known from diary pages.
- Nick: Reception security guard. Only known from diary pages. Deceased
- The Scholar: While not technically a member, the Ministry has been keeping tabs on him for possible recruitment. The Scholar is also offered a place at the Ministry should the player get ending A.
- Simmons: Status unknown, presumed deceased.
- "Trilby": Status determined by player actions.
- Walker: One of the first agents to die to the Shadows. Only known from diary pages.
- The Warrior: Offered a job should the player get ending A as the Warrior.
- The Wizard: Offered to tap more into the runes for T should the player get ending A as the Wizard.